Human growth hormone (HGH) is a pituitary-produced hormone that involves a variety of processes, including growth, cell regeneration, and cell repair. In other word, it helps with anti-aging process.
The release of HGH rises during childhood and reaches its peak during puberty. Over the middle age, HGH gradually declines, resulting in reduced cell regeneration, retarded cell repair, and aging, eventually.
Lately, there have been several studies investigating HGH and its anti-aging/anti-degenerative effects, which can maintain healthy body functions even in the elderly.
HGH and anti-aging effects
HGH supplement becomes quite popular for its anti-aging properties, which include:
- It helps increase muscle mass: HGH plays a role in protein and skeletal tissue synthesis, which enhances growth in children and promotes muscle formation in adults. HGH, therefore, helps prevent progressive loss of muscle mass which commonly occurs during the elderly.
- It helps increase bone density: The imbalance of bone formation and resorption is common among elders and usually results in fragile bone or osteoporosis. As HGH stimulates the proliferation of new bone cells, it helps improve bone strength, and, moreover, accelerates the healing of bone fractures.
- It helps maintain metabolic balance: Metabolic syndrome and related diseases, such as heart disease, stroke, and type-2 diabetes, are highly prevalent among people from middle age onwards, due to alteration in body composition, increase in body fat, and naturally pro-inflammatory state. The effects of HGH involve enhancing fat breakdown, reducing lipid levels, and improving insulin sensitivity, thus, decreasing the risk of these chronic diseases.
- It may prevent degenerative diseases: Alzheimer’s is one of the most common degenerative diseases among the elderly. There is evidence that HGH and IGF1 prevent plaque formation within the brain. Hence, it may decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s development.
- It recalls youthful skin: HGH enhances skin cell regeneration and collagen synthesis, keeping the skin moisturized, smooth, firm, and youthful.
There are several ways you can do to increase your HGH levels, for example; intake less sugar, take a protein supplement, and exercise more. However, for individuals who have growth hormone deficiency (GHD), the most effective way to restore HGH levels is to take growth hormone replacement in injection form.
GENOTROPIN is a product of Pfizer which has been approved by the FDA as the treatment of growth hormone deficiency for decades. It is a prescription recombinant growth hormone (rHGH) used for the replacement of HGH in both children and adults.
An easy-to-use and portable choice for GENOTROPIN is GENOTROPIN 36 IU GoQuick Pen, which is the product in a disposable pre-filled pen form that you can safely use under prescription.
However, rHGH may cause some side effects, including joint pain, edema, hypertension, and carpal tunnel syndrome. Hence, if you have any health issues, please inform your doctor beforehand.