Growth hormone (referred to as human growth hormone or HGH) is a pituitary-secreted hormone that is responsible to cell and tissue growth. HGH has important effects on protein synthesis, macromolecule metabolism, and cell proliferation, resulting in improved body composition and increased muscle and bone strength. In addition, HGH has been proved in some researches to benefit women with polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS as well.
What is PCOS?
PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) is a condition indicated by abnormal sex hormone levels which is quite common among women of reproductive age. In PCOS, numerous follicles (small fluid-filled sacs) grow inside the ovaries and make the ovaries fail to regularly release mature eggs.
Women with PCOS usually have low levels of estrogen and progesterone, while the levels of male hormone, androgen, is higher than normal.
Potential symptoms and complications of PCOS include:
- Irregular period (infrequent or prolonged menstrual cycle)
- Excess hair growth or male-pattern baldness – the consequences caused by excess androgen
- Metabolic syndrome – a group of conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, abnormal lipid levels, and increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Weight gain, or obesity
- Pregnancy complication, such as gestational diabetes, miscarriage or premature birth
- Infertility (due to irregular ovulation)
- Depression, and anxiety
How can HGH help women with PCOS?
The beneficial effects of HGH on PCOS include the following:
- HGH plays a role in fat metabolism and stimulates lipolysis (fat breakdown). The supplement of HGH can improve blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, meanwhile, reduce risk of metabolic syndrome and obesity, which are common complications of PCOS.
- HGH can reduce the levels of androgen by decreasing fat mass – the substrate for androgen production.
- HGH shows to decrease insulin resistance in PCOS women, thus preventing type-2 diabetes.
- HGH therapy may improve depression and anxiety.
Consequently, the treatment with HGH is expected to help improve the symptoms and complications – including infertility – in women with PCOS.
How to get HGH supplement
The approach to replace HGH is to use recombinant growth hormone (rHGH) by injection under the skin.
GENOTROPIN is a synthetic rHGH product prescribed for the replacement of growth hormone in children and adults with growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- GENOTROPIN has been used as the treatment for GHD, as well as Prader-Willi syndrome, Turner syndrome, Small for gestational age, and idiopathic short stature in children for many years.
- It has been approved by FDA for its safety and effects.
Pfizer GENOTROPIN 36 IU GoQuick Pen, the GENOTROPIN product of Pfizer in disposable pre-filled pen form, is a portable and easy-to-use option that can be purchased in Thailand.
However, you should aware of some side effects, such as abnormal bone, muscle pain, hypertension, and hypothyroidism. So, please consult your doctor prior to use.